Sunday, November 9, 2008

What I wish I was doing...

Playing Pirates of the Carribean Online

It calls for a 3D graphics card, which I don't have much success with in Florida. The most gentle of lightning strikes kills them dead, so I quit buying the nice expensive ones after the 2nd one bit the dust. It'll be a while before I can get another one.

Most of the time I can play the game without the upgrade, but no such luck yesterday or today. Who knows when Catherine Seagrim will have another chance to sail the high seas.

Since I'm not getting everything I want, I guess I'll have to settle for what I can get. lol

I'm working on the Celtic stole today, and got from row 53 to row 57 so far without major mishap. Maybe I can get through this after all. I remain slightly optimistic that I will.

My spinning has been going well enough that I think I'm going to have to start standing up to get some lenghth going. Who knew my raggedly looking spindle would work out so well? I have only the bundle bag of roving left to spin that's in the picture from my previous post.

I have been enjoying reading SpinDyeKnit, the blog site by the author of Wrapped in Comfort, AlisonH.

SFS status

I signed up with Socks for Soldiers to knit wool socks and hats. I'm also a member of the SHIP support group. I am still trying to make a successful SFS sock swatch using Knit Picks yarn, but at the rate I'm going I'll be knitting the things on size 0 and 00 needles, and I promised myself several times this year that I would never, never do that. I despise the amount of time it takes me to knit sock feet even on size 3 needles. I think I should kick my own butt for thinking about it now, much less signing up for it. I'm going to do it; it's just going to take me a while.

No comments: